sábado

Final reflection: My English progress from 2010 until 2012


I will compare my currently knowledge with which I had at the beginning of first of BTX.

Written document:
The first "my say" from my blog is called: My Summer. The first and most obviously difference is that in 2010 I wrote more, now my writings are shorter. I think it's because in second of Batxillerat I have less time. Moreover, now the quality of them are better.

In hardly ever used to use connectors, my writings haven't a really structure and the sentences were too short. There are also a lot of grammatical mistakes like the following ones:

  • I wrote comas between many sentences even before and: "spent four days in Germany, with my mother, and we..."
  • Repeating words in the same sentence: "every day I meet my friends and we go to the beach or Pablo's swimmingpool, nearly every day. "
  • Words like: nothing, anything, everybody, something, but,
  • Concordance between subject and the verb: The temperature are...
  • Verbal tenses:  the problem was that I only can work one month (it should be past, could), comes (came)
  • Words: the next day (the following day),
  • The correct order of the sentence:  "on Sikim, at twelve more or less meeting us there". " I made my kitesurf"


Oral document:
 My first oral presentation was about kitesurf

  • Presentation: The presentation is still the same: I make colourfully PowerPoint's with a photo as a background, a lot of pictures and some sentences. I also remember one presentation with music, the topic was Jamaica. This was a good idea because this detail made the presentation special and different from the others. So, I have learnt to be more creative. 
  • Body language: I couldn't change anything. My hand moves are so annoying! Many times I have tried to change it, thinking seriously about it during the oral presentation, but even so I made this mistake.
  • Structure: It hasn't changed.
  • Content: It hasn't changed.
  • Language: During this two years I have improved a lot my language, the use of phrasal verbs or expressions and my vocabulary.
  • Pronuciation: I don't think I have changed much, maybe in some specific words but in my point of view I have the same pronunciation now as two years before.
I must say that now I feel safer when I'm speaking and I have more fluency; If I don't know the word that I'm searching I simply try to find another word, which is easier, or to describe the word/ action. 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario