lunes

Christmas: Germany vs. Spain


Merry Christmas!

Some weeks ago I went to visit my grandmother in Germany. Since we have moved to Spain I had never returned being there on Christmas time. I was surprised, on the beginnings of December, the shops were full of Christmas decoration and everybody was shopping presents.

Here, in Spain, I didn't realise that in some weeks was Christmas. I was surprised to find out that on Saturday after finish school was Christmas!

I think that in Germany Christmas is too much. They begin in November selling Christmas products and for this reason people spend a lot of money to buy presents or decoration for their houses. Of course, it's nice to see nearly the whole village with Christmas lights, otherwise it isn't necessary. How my friend Mancilla would say: capitalism. And I agree with him. Of course I like to receive presents, but it isn't the most important on Christmas. Every year suggest myself that I would do anything interesting or meet my friends. And every year it's the same: I stay at home - without doing anything for nearly the whole first week of the holidays. That's my Christmas present: no stress for a while!

Well, now I'm saying all this, but I'm sure that in a few weeks I want to be in Girona or Barcelona shopping... At least, I wait until sold out after the sixth of January and not buy them before for the double price "only" to have a Christmas present.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario